Powtoon is an animation and presentation program that can be used by Lecturers and Students to make their content more engaging, interactive and capturing while also offering a very professional look and feel. It allows those educators to explain with effective impact using a short and simple “Powtoon”.
Top three ideal situations to use Powtoon:
- Powtoon enables lecturers/educators to create engaging and interactive lessons with bonus features like voice overs and music that will help capture their students attention for duration of the class. This helps educators save time and hassle as they no longer have to search through endless YouTube videos to find a suitable a clip to show the class, as they can simply customise the information they want to use.
- Students can equally utilise the benefits of Powtoon, the simple use of drag and drop styled editor of text, pictures, and props makes creation of class projects quick and easy, while making the information easier to remember. Students using Powtoon for a presentation may attain the attention of their lecturers/educators more effectively with captivating content delivery whilst making their information easier to convey.
Best features of Powtoon;
- Voice over track- once the user has their script drafted, they can simply select the “import” button on the top toolbar, then select the “record” option when ready to speak! The slides on the presentation can be easily edited to parallel the information with the voice over.
- Text-can be added with great ease, simply select the “text” on the sidebar, the textbox can be plain or the user can utilise one of the specially designed text boxes with shape and animation to make their presentation/video more captivating.
- Images-Powtoon has an extensive library of objects, backgrounds and characters to avail of, coupled with the facility to import your own images if necessary.
Interested in finding out more about Powtoon and how you can use it your classroom or business meeting? We have completed a pedagogic assessment of this tool which details its strengths and weaknesses based on its potential for innovative teaching and presentation strategies.
3. Learn From Others
4. Get Started With Powtoon
Sign up using your email account to begin using Powtoon’s features
- Be sure to watch the video tutorial/templates before starting to create your own PowToon presentation or video.
- Chose a template suitable for your needs, either for education, business or personal use.
- Choose a topic you are familiar with and create a quick Powtoon presentation
5. Action – Take our simple Powtoon Quiz? Or view our Demo
Now that you have had a good introduction into Powtoon– why not test it out for yourself, take this short quiz? or we’ve created a short demo lesson.?